Look forward to next weeks class at the YMCA! So glad to be back from my trip to Miami. Although I love to get away, I am so happy to be back in Keene. It’s a wonderful community and I love my job at the YMCA. So grateful to have the opportunity to teach what I love. I often start the class with intentions. I wanted to explain this a little further. A definition for intention is: “to have in mind a purpose or plan, to direct the mind, to aim.” Lacking intention we often stray without meaning or intention. People set intentions on all kinds of dreams; to get married or have children, to get a job or make a career change, to write a book, lose weight, or move to a foreign country. When you set an intention and then act on it to demonstrate your commitment, amazing things occur. Intention can also give us fortitude for dealing with tough times.
- Before you get out of bed, you can intend to have a fun or productive day.
- Before you leave the house, you can intend to have quality time with your family or roommate.
- Before you start your car, you can intend to have a safe ride to work.
- Before you enter your workplace, you can intend to learn something new or be helpful.
- Before the meeting begins, you can intend to be brilliant or calm.
Four Intentional Steps:
1. Get clear about something you want and write it down.
2. Share your intention with someone in a way that will supportively hold you accountable to taking action.
3. Do something today to demonstrate your commitment to your intention.
4. Acknowledge that you did what you said you would and then, take the next step.
By setting an intention, you make it clear to yourself and others, just what you plan to do. Set an intention to redefine what it means to be serious about your dreams.
Here are some of my intentions I use daily:
Today and all the days to come I chose to stay alligned with source energy.
Today and all the days to come I chose to be happy. No matter who I meet, no matter where I am, no matter what happens today, I chose to feel good about myself.
Today and all the days to come I chose to be surrounded by love. No matter who I meet, no matter where I am or what happens I will meet people filled with love and light.
Most of all have fun with it!!!!! After all, you are creating your reality.
Many blessings of joy to you all,
See you soon,